If you haven’t read it yet, not too long ago I wrote a short guide on how to know your body shape so you can pick styles that look gorgeous on your figure. Now, it’s time to think swim suits. When it’s time to hit the pool, the beach and just about everywhere else where you’ll be showing your figure your cute little figure, picking a swimsuit that flatters your figure is a must. It’s worth making a quick study of your body type to find a suit that fits well and accentuates your positive and easily glosses over any flaws. Here’s a quick guide on how to pick a vibrant, good-looking body shape swimsuit for the warmer seasons.
Shape Swimsuits for the Apple-Shaped Figure
Apple-shape figures normally have bigger busts. Yeah! This super feminine and beautiful trait can be a tad difficult to slide into a swimsuit. Also, legs are slender and often long. Here’s a few tips to pick a flattering apple-shape swimsuit:
- Bikinis. Go high-waisted for tummy coverage. This is your most undefined part, so there’s no shame in covering up.
- One-piece. Empire or wrap-waist swimsuits will give the illusion of a defined waist, even if there isn’t much of one. This can often times be a stunning look.
- Remember. When possible, suits with any form of built-in waist control will be your best friend. If you carry some weight around the middle, these suits will hide it well. Or if not, these suits will work to structure and define your waist.
Learn more about the apple shape figure.
Shape Swimsuits for the Rectangle Figure
A rectangle body shape has a straight up-and-down look, that comes off as slender and, at times, even boyish. The nice thing is, this figure will fit well into most swimsuit designs, as your curves don’t overwhelm in any particular area. Here are a few tips to pick a flattering swimsuit for a rectangle body shape:
- Bikini. When choosing a two-piece suit, options are endless. Triangle tops, strappy and most padded or un-padded tops will look great on top. Suits with ruffles or embellishments add a nice touch too.
- One-piece. Consider a monokini. This suit adds a little fun and the illusion of curves.
- Remember. If you have this body shape, you often have a great slim look, so have fun with it! Go bold. Pick some embellishments. Also, picking a suit with a high-cut over the legs is a fun way to show or alternatively hide some leg (or developing cellulite) too.
Learn more about the rectangle figure.
Shape Swimsuits for the Pear-Shaped Figure
Pear-shaped figures are more curvaceous through the hips and behind, then slimmer through the waist and shoulders. A great swimsuit for you will show off an elegant chest and neckline. Here are a few tips to select a swimsuit for a pear-shaped figure:
- Bikini. Bikinis are a great way to show off your waistline. But, if you’re also a little self conscious of your legs, consider adding a skirted bottom in a darker color. Paired with a bold color and/or printed top, you’ll have a gorgeous suit.
- One-piece. Plunging necklines and bold prints are your friend. They’ll draw the attention upward towards your neckline and away from hips and legs.
- Remember. The key is to draw the attention upwards towards your well defined waist, slender arms and bust.
Learn more about the pear-shaped figure.
Shape Swimsuits for the Hourglass Figure
For an hourglass body shape, you have some wonderful, feminine curves through the legs, butt and hips. Picking a suit that shows off these curves is what you’re looking for. After all, women kill for this silhouette! Here are a few tips for picking a suit to flatter an hourglass shape:
- Bikini. Superior coverage and support in the bust is key to having a great-looking swimsuit. Consider a swimming suit with built in bra to feel secure on top.
- One-piece. Suit styles with a wrap-around middle or an accessorized neckline will let your curves shine and add some spunk.
- Remember. Your well-defined waist is your best asset, selecting suits that show this off will be your best bet.
Learn more about the hourglass figure.
For More Style Tips on Your Body Shape:
- How to Dress a Apple Shape
- How to Dress a Pear Shape
- How to Dress a Rectangle Shape
- How to Dress a Hourglass Shape